Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512301 - Internal Med Dept Lbk Genl
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in carrying out departmental objectives in a unit of a department.
- Overall exhibits Service Plus orientation in work attitudes and actions, for example, appearance, attendance, cooperation, timely and courteous response and attentiveness.
- Demonstrates support of Departments Mission, Vision, and Values through personal behavior towards patients, faculty and fellow employees.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with Department Management Team (Chair, Medical Director, Administrator, Supervisors, etc.) regarding patient, staff and physician issues, problems and needs.
- Assists with development and implementation of Clinic goals/initiatives
- Proactively monitors supply and equipment usage to maintain adequate inventory and eliminate need for rush ordering.
- Proactively intervenes in over load or other challenging situations in clinic, staffing to volume to support patient flow.
- Attends applicable committee and supervisor meetings, representing the Department and sharing appropriate information.
- Ensures PSS personnel are properly oriented and in-serviced to job requirements, equipment, policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate records, such as evaluations, training, leave time, and other personnel issues.
- Ensures staffing coverage during absences to provide as minimal disruption to clinic operations as possible.
- Demonstrates and monitors departmental dress code and standards for personal hygiene; name badge.
- Represents clinic in a positive and professional manner in the HSC and community.
Demonstrates stability, promptness, and dependability in adherence to all clinic policies, including attendance
Minimum Hire Rate
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Prefer supervisory experience in the healthcare field - outpatient setting. Ability to manage and work with multiple computer systems in order to perform job functions and support and train subordinate staff.
HSC - Lubbock
Internal Med Dept Lbk Genl
Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Office and Admn Wkrs All Other
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree plus two years of job-related experience; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal six years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?