Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512601 - Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in carrying out departmental objectives in a unit of a department.
* Guides the patient through the surgery scheduling process, answers patient questions and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed.
* Knowledge of managed care programs and other carriers.
* Ensures accurate, complete, and timely surgery coordination with UMC for all physician/healthcare providers assigned.* Verifies insurance coverage and benefits.
* Obtains precertifications/preauthorizations as needed.
* Maintains registration information on patient population; demographics and insurance.
* Communicates with other practices or insurance carriers regarding patient referrals.
* Obtains and processes referral and pre-certification forms per plan requirements.
* Direct and coordinate daily activities of three subordinate staff members.
* Attend CEU and conferences to update managed care knowledge and disseminate information to direct reports.
* Coverage of subordinates duties as needed.
* Create, communicate and maintain protocols for tasks in assigned area of oversight. Ensure processes are efficient and individual team members' contributions are maximized.
* Administrative supervisory functions such as: update position descriptions, perform employee evaluations, maintain employee records (time sheets, leave requests) and hiring, training, coaching, and monitoring performance of assigned staff.
* Analyze reports for the department as needed using Centricity and various other reporting software.
Minimum Hire Rate
M-F 8am to 5pm
* At least two (2) years of managed care experience that includes surgery pre-certification experience.
* Management experience OR the desire and knowledge to complete management courses.
HSC - Lubbock
Ophthalmology Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Other special projects as assigned.
* Listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from Spanish to English for patients in the clinic.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree plus two years of job-related experience; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal six years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?