Unit Supervisor Plant Ops Environmental Controls
|Unit Supervisor Plant Ops Environmental Controls|
|Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr|
|HSC - Lubbock|
|Bldg Maint and Op Lbk|
|Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in carrying out departmental objectives in a unit of a department.|
| * Supervises POEC personnel, if problem arises with Building Controls Systems, will assist in contacting necessary personnel to repair and assist in correcting the problem.|
* Will assist POEC Operators in monitoring fire systems for problems and alarms. In event of an actual fire, this position will help in contacting essential HSC personnel to assist in any way needed.
* Trains and supervises POEC operators on the job training in building systems, building controls, fire alarm and response to issues.
* Maintains and updates essential personnel phone listing.
* On call 24/7 for POEC operators, fire alarms, building disasters, etc.
* Initiates work orders thru work control for any trade upon notice of building system deficiency or issue.
* Supports facilities and other department personnel in diagnosing potential causes creating issues with building systems and controls.
| * Establishes and maintains operating procedures for all aspects of plant operations environmental controls and emergency response.|
* Monitors building controls and fire systems program changes, work orders, daily logs, and coordinates resolution to issues with vendors.
* Formally evaluates personnel performance and progression.
* Initiates subordinate disciplinary actions in a timely and effective manner as necessary for corrections to subordinate behavior.
* Review and approves web time entry of time sheets.
* Performs other job related duties that are deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor(s).
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License and be listed as an approved driver as determined by TTUS Office of Risk Management and Insurance carrier. Must be able to pass the employee Criminal Background Check.
|Bachelor's degree plus two years of job-related experience; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal six years.|
|Experience operating building management and fire alarm systems. Understanding of building HVAC, Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Fire Alarm systems.|
|As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.|
|Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
|Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.|
|Up to 25%|
|Normal Schedule 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday; On Call 24/7 for Building Emergencies If Needed.|