Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691005 - Pampa Jordan Unit
Employees in this position are responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative operations of a clinical department in a correctional facility. Persons in this position must exercise a high degree of a initiative to perform varied administrative duties involving the use of independent judgement, analytical experience and professional skills. Responsible for all employees assigned to their area of direction. Work is performed under usual office conditions; deadlines, meetings, and occasional travel. Additionally, work requires considerable contact and coordination with HSC administrative officials, administrative personnel of other departments and units, granting agencies, other institutions, and government, organizations.
Up to 25%
- In conjunction with the Associate Managing Director, participates in the development and implementation of the mission, vision, and values of Managed Care including high quality and patient focused health care.
- Provides leadership for department employees of the Pampa Jordan/Baten Unit to include interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and supervising staff employees.
- Engages in difficult or involved work requiring use of judgment and independent thinking in making decisions for which there is little precedent on matters of considerable importance.
- Experience exercising a high degree of initiative and leadership.
- Ensure staff compliance with the adopted health care plan as it relates to the stated objectives (problems/needs) of the organization’s clinical goals and method of achieving the benchmarks listed.
- Responsible for ensuring program and corporate compliance with primary health care policies and procedures, as well as those external regulatory bodies such as ACA HIPPA, CLIA and other professional review and standards.
- Conducts semi-annual (minimum) internal ACA audits and forwards results to Managed Care’s Associate Managing Director and Managing Director for Field Operations.
- In conjunction with the Associate Managing Director, presents, facilitates, and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and project management.
- Plans, coordinates and directs broad and complex management and financial functions for the unit.
- Delegates and ensures that the accuracy and compliance of employee payroll functions and employee leave policies; to include the accuracy of Personnel Action Forms, and other official documents.
- Analyzes and reviews relevant data and stats for performance reports and prepares other reports, as needed.
- Delegates and ensures that departmental purchasing and travel is compliant with established guidelines.
- Monitors resource data and works closely with relevant stakeholders (Medical director, Dental Director, nursing, behavioral health, Managed Care leadership, HR, TDCJ, etc.) in performance maintenance and overall unit operations.
- Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual
Discussed During Interview
- Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years
- Ability to organize complex work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of the organizational policies and objectives. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present professional presentations/lectures and written materials. Knowledge, skills, and ability to manage the operations of the unit.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Pampa Jordan Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Senior Other Administrative
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.