Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691005 - Pampa Jordan Unit
Manages a unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the unit. Represents the unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
Up to 25%
- Provides leadership for department employees of the Littlefield Texas Civil Commitment Center i.e., interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and supervising staff employees.
- Engages in difficult or involved work requiring use of judgment and independent thinking in making decisions for which there is little precedent on matters of considerable importance
- Relieves the leadership team of various administrative duties and represents Managed Care appropriately at various meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and directs broad and complex management and financial functions for the department.
- Adheres to institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Verifies accurate completion of Personnel Action Forms and other official documents.
- Compiles relevant data and stats for performance reports and prepares other reports, as needed.
- Processes bills for payment in a timely manner.
- Coordinates facility Employee of the Quarter nominations such that employees are appropriately recognized.
- Coordinates departmental purchasing and travel; ensures compliance with established guidelines.
- Monitors patterns of complaints and identifies trends and areas of concern.
- Monitors resource data and works closely with relevant stakeholders (medical director, DON, MH, CMHC leadership, HR, TCCO, etc) in performance maintenance and improvement, when indicated.
Minimum Hire Rate
- Ability to organize complex work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of the organizational policies an objectives. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present professional presentations/lectures and written materials.
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to manage operations of the department.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Pampa Jordan Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 460838