Unit Manager - Immigration
Unit Manager - Immigration
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
101019 - Immigration Services Lbk
Manages a unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the unit. Represents the unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
Provide collaborative leadership ICS staff, international employees, hiring departments and university officers by creating a cohesive vision and exemplary services for international faculty and scholars at the university.
Minimum Hire Rate
· JD or other advanced degree with significantexperience in higher education.
· Record of progressively responsible experienceworking with international faculty and scholar advising services in highereducation.
· Experience serving as a Department of State RO/ARO.
HSC - Lubbock
Immigration Services Lbk
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Senior Other Administrative
Immigration Team Leadership and Administrative Management
- Manage immigration team and develop work priorities, determine the administrative calendar and plan for the execution of tasks for smooth workflow, and assess impact of all advising processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Oversee immigration petition caseload to ensure petitions are filed in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy and expertise.
- Recruit, hire and train new staff members; conduct annual performance evaluations and foster career growth of team members.
- Maintain expertise of federal regulations, processes, and procedures as they pertain to advising international faculty and scholars
- Oversee immigration services and processes pertinent to advising international faculty and scholars on U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State immigration regulations and university procedures.
- Services include preparing and submitting complex immigration petitions including H-1B, E-3, O-1, and TN visa statuses; managing, preparing, and submitting I-140 petitions for employment-based permanent residency; and responding to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requests for evidence.
- Serve as Department of State Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program.
- Assist with the preparation of I-9 and E-Verify cases for international employees.
- Provide expertise and guidance to team and external partners regarding regulatory changes and effect on institutional policy and practices.
- Serve as a resource to team in handling complex immigration advising issues.
- Develop resources and procedural materials for staff as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Homeland Security, Department of Labor, and Department of State rules and regulations.
- Ensure adherence and accuracy in record-keeping, reporting requirements, and petition processing utilizing university technology.
- In coordination with the Managing Director, recommend and develop policies and procedures to maintain compliance with applicable university, state, and federal rules and regulations related to international faculty and scholars.
- Maintain frequent interaction with immigration agencies and other external agencies to advocate for international faculty and scholars.
University Outreach and Support:
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with university administrative and academic units to coordinate the delivery of services in support of international faculty and scholars.
- Provide support to university departments on sensitive matters involving international faculty and scholars (e.g. employment matters that affect immigration status, crisis situations, etc.).
- Coordinate programs and workshops for academic and administrative departments to increase their proficiency in working with international faculty and scholars.
- Attend campus meetings to represent ICS and international faculty/scholar interests.
- Oversee electronic information and publications including communication targeted to international faculty and scholars and department contacts.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?