Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
* Installs, maintains, and repairs sinks, fume hoods, eye washes, disposal units, gas, air, water and sewer systems.
* Replaces and repairs valves. Cuts, threads joints, piles and fittings.
* Unstops sewers, lavatories, sinks, commodes and urinals.
* Uses sewer roto-rooter, threading machines, drill presses, hand and power tools.
* Checks DI closets to ensure proper deionizing and checks for leaks.
* Checks and fills soda ash tanks to drain into neutralizing traps.
* Maintains, repairs and replaces DI house, hot water, and circulating pumps.
* Will be actively enrolled in the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners Apprentice Program (TSBPE) and inform foreman of any change in status.
* Carries out oral and written instructions to perform related work as directed or required by direct supervisor.
* Documents and records work accomplished, time expended, and parts used on appropriate forms and in the CMMS Work Order system.
* Secures necessary supplies and materials from Stores as required for completion of work orders and required tasks and/or directives.
* Initiates work orders thru Work Control for any building systems that are found to be deficient.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal Schedule Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. On-Call for Building Emergencies As Needed.
Prefer licensed journeyman plumber. Vocational training as a plumber. Two years experience as a licensed journeyman plumber or five years of job-related experience. Training or equivalent or completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent may substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Performs on-call duties as essential personnel of the institution and at the direction of the institution and supervisors.
* Performs any and all duties deemed necessary and assigned by any supervisory level Plant Operations personnel.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License to be able to operate State Vehicles and run errands and to pick up parts.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414247