Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral
Up to 25%
* Constructs, installs, and repairs cabinets, shelves, doors, windows, walls, acoustical ceilings, door and window facings, wood and glass paneling, floor covering, roofing, ceramic tile and similar items.
* Makes alterations to existing structures by installing or removing walls, partitions, and similar construction.
* Secures necessary supplies and materials from the Plant Operations Stores as directed by the supervisor(s).
* Maintains record of materials and labor expended on each job.
* Operates planers, band saws, hand power saws, hand power drills, sanding machines and uses other tools of the trade.
* Works from sketches or blueprints, design and fabricates specialty items.
* Understands and carries out oral and written instructions and performs related work as required by Carpenter Foreman.
* Demolishes old office areas, walls, doors, etc.
* Repairs, builds, textures, nails and paints walls and partitions.
* Builds forms for concrete or cement mixes, lays and finishes concrete or cement and patches plaster finishes.
Minimum Hire Rate
Monday thru Friday 8 to 5 / On-Call as Needed
* Preferred technical education in building trades.
* Licensed journeyman carpenter, or three years of carpentry experience in commercial or residential construction and maintenance.
HSC - Lubbock
Bldg Maint and Op Lbk
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Operates state vehicle to pick up parts or drive to job site.
* Must have and maintain valid drivers license and be listed as an approved driver as determined by TTUS Office of Risk Management and insurance carrier.
* Performs other job related duties as deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor(s).
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 377883