Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
* Perform preventive maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned.
* With supervision and direction, repairs heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and related systems.
* Secures necessary supplies and materials from Stores as required for completion of work orders.
* Documents and records work accomplished, time expended, and parts used on appropriate forms and in the CMMS Work Order system.
* Carries out oral and written instructions to perform related work as directed or required by direct supervisor.
* Initiates work orders thru Work Control for any trade upon notice of building system deficiency. Submits to supervisor written details of deficiency.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal Schedule Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. On-Call for Building Emergencies As Needed.
Certification or apprentice / journeyman license in HVAC trade.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Performs on-call duties as essential personnel of the institution and at the direction of the institution and supervisors.
* Performs any and all duties deemed necessary and assigned by any supervisory level Plant Operations personnel.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License to be able to operate State Vehicles and run errands and to pick up parts.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414244