Tradesman Facilities Ops & Maintenance
|Tradesman Facilities Ops & Maintenance|
|Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr|
|HSC - Permian Basin|
|Bldg Maint and Op Ode|
|Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.|
| * Monitors and/or performs minor repairs to HVAC.|
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment not covered by a service maintenance agreement.
* Required to be on call 24/7 for facilities emergencies, receive calls, emails and text messages.
* Heating and cooling schedules for requested events.
* Follows office procedures regarding purchase requisitions, purchasing receipts, leave forms, etc.
* Move various equipment, furniture, etc.
* Carpentry, plumbing and electrical pertaining to minor building maintenance and remodeling.
* Responds / executes and finalizes requests in the TMA system.
* Assists with public surplus activities, storage and moving.
| * Vehicle maintenance, mileage logs distribution and documentation.|
* Must be an approved driver as determined by TTUS Office of Risk Management and applicable operating policies. Must be able to drive to other campus locations to perform essential functions and also to use fleet vehicles to pick up parts for jobs. Must be able to pass the employee criminal background check.
|Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.|
|Prefer two years experience in commercial level HVAC building maintenance, may be substituted for a degree, journeyman's license or certificate. General overall facilities maintenance skills.|
|As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.|
|Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
|Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.|
|Up to 25%|
|8 to 5 Monday thru Friday is normal work hours; on call for facilities emergencies or inclement weather events.|