Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
* Performs PM, inspections, and repairs as required on electrical systems and equipment in assigned area.
* Installs, maintains, and repairs 480, 277, 208 and 120-volt distribution systems (emergency, switch gear, Buss duct, transformers, breakers). Repairs and replaces electrical appliances, bells, buzzers, motors, starters, cable system (computers, communications, audio visual). Troubleshoots electrical circuits for shorts, overloads, grounds, and opens. Installs conduit and other types of raceways for electrical circuits and communication equipment.
* Monitors CHACP2 emergency generator testing and verifies operation of building after testing is complete.
* Unlicensed electrician will be actively enrolled as an Electrical Apprentice with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR). Will inform foreman of any change in status.
* Initiates work orders through Work Control for any building systems that are found to be deficient.
* Carries out oral and written instructions to perform related work as directed or required by direct supervisor.
* Secures necessary supplies and materials from Stores as required for completion of work orders and required tasks and/or directives.
* Documents and records work accomplished, time expended, and parts used on appropriate forms and in the CMMS Work Control system.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal Schedule Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. On-Call for Building Emergencies As Needed.
Certification or apprentice / journeyman electrician license. Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions related to maintenance and light construction. Needs basic computer skills as they relate to entry of time, work order system, and email.
HSC - Lubbock
Bldg Maint and Op Lbk
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Performs on-call duties as essential personnel of the institution and at the direction of the institution and supervisors.
* Performs any and all duties deemed necessary and assigned by any supervisory level Plant Operations personnel.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License to be able to operate State Vehicles and run errands and to pick up parts.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414234