Staff Nurse (RN)
Staff Nurse (RN)
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351901 - SON Combest Center Lbk
Employees in this classification are responsible for providing professional nursing care in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty clinic. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of a total health care team to provide the patient with complete evaluations. Employees in this position generally assist the head nurse in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for this person in the event of his/her absence. May supervise and instruct subordinate nursing personnel. Receives supervision from head nurse or physician, functions independently within guidelines. May supervise ancillary nursing personnel in the performance of certain tasks, and assists in training personnel. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, families, and other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
The primary purpose for this position is to provide healthcare in the TTUHSC SON Combest - Abilene Community Health Center to patients.
- Function within the nurse’s legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Texas Board of Nursing Rules that emphasize safety, as well as all federal, state, and local government and accreditation organization safety requirements and standards.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care provided to patients and their families.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health, status, needs and preferences of culturally ethnically and socially diverse patients and their families.
- Determine the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families based upon interpretation of comprehensive health assessment findings.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures. Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR. Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements.
- Analyze assessment data to identify problems, formulate goals/outcomes, and develop plans of care for patients and their families using information from evident-based practice in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Evaluates patient needs by phone. Utilizes relevant data, observations and listening skills to identify problems. Serves as a resource to clinic support staff and clerical staff.
- Evaluate and report patient outcomes and responses to therapeutic interventions in comparison to benchmarks from evident-based practice, and plan follow-up nursing care.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision making to improve patient care.
- Develop, implement and evaluate teaching plans for patients and their families to address health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
- Coordinate human, information, and material resources in providing care for patients and their families.
- Implements teaching plans for patients and their families with health learning needs.
- Implement measures to promote quality and a safe environment for patients, self, and others.
- Participates in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources and facilitates continuity of care.
- Obtain instruction, supervision, or training as needed when implementing nursing procedures or practices.
- Accept and make assignments and delegate tasks that take into consideration patient safety and organizational policy.
- Refer patients and their families to resources that facilitate continuity of care, health promotion, maintenance and restoration.
- Provide case management to patients and families.
- Supervise and/or delegate nursing care to other members of the health care team using evidence-based practice in accordance with departmental staffing model.
- Assists Clinic Director with development, maintenance, revision and evaluation of protocols.
Minimum Hire Rate
- Two to three years of experience working in a hospital, ambulatory clinic, or community-based setting.
- CPR\\BLS Certified.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience.
- Proficient in office software applications.
- Experience using medical equipment.
- Experience in phlebotomy (lab\\blood).
- Experience in collecting and processing lab specimens.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other clinic staff, supervisor, departments, and outside entities to provide quality healthcare to the patient and families with experience in case management.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and think critically in compliance with the TTUHSC, SON, and LCCHWC such as HIPAA, Compliance, and Safety.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate being a self-started and be self-motivated.
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate effectively with patients, providers, staff, and other entities.
- Experience in reviewing patient charts for quality indicators.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English & Spanish. Effectively expresses ideas/information in a complete, clear, concise, organized, and timely manner appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to actively listen to others and is open to suggestions. Communicates appropriate, courteous attitude and
behavior (respect, support, loyalty) towards patients, healthcare team members, and HSC administration through
appropriate eye contact, facial expressions and tone of voice. Communicates with Clinic director regarding
development and implementation of clinic goals and objectives to facilitate improved patient outcomes.
Communicates professionally and effectively with Clinic director and healthcare team regarding all aspects of clinic
HSC - Lubbock
SON Combest Center Lbk
Professional License or Certification, Professional/Personal References, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Attend required institutional and departmental training sessions.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Complete required training(s) and CEUs.
- Staff RN will be required to review patient charts and provide outcomes for performance management, quality improvement, and required reporting.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of professional nursing or scheduled to complete a program of professional nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. +License/Certification:+ Current Registered Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice professional nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt. +Experience:+ No experience required.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 462963