Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Performs complex purchasing and contracting processes for the university, including negotiations and bidding, procurement of goods and services, and interfacing with departments and vendors, and in accordance with stringent regulations and procedures. Must be willing to obtain and maintain professional certification in purchasing and contracting within three years of employment.
Up to 25%
Through the use and application of TTUHSC
procurement software and institutional/state
- Reviews requisitions and orders
merchandise, supplies, and equipment
using guidelines, rules, policies, and
- Prepares, reviews, and tracks purchase
- Maintains purchasing and procurement
reports, records, and files.
- Prepares and reviews bids and orders to
verify accuracy, terminology, and
- Prepares and distributes bid invitations to
- Reviews and tabulates bids to determine
lowest and best bids.
- Identifies requesting department’s needs
and assists in development and refining of
specifications for goods and services.
- Interprets and communicates
purchasing procedures to departments.
- Assists departments with requisitions
- Resolves purchasing issues between
departments and vendors.
-Analyses departmental purchase
requisitions for completeness and
accuracy of information, works
with requestors to clarify and
Minimum Hire Rate
8 to 5 M-F
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement
methods and procedures, including state
procurement principles and practices.
- Ability to perform arithmetical computations, to
evaluate bids, to develop methods and procedures
for locating supply sources, to maintain a system
of record keeping, to maintain effective working
relationships with vendors and suppliers, and to
- Skill in preparing and analyzing specifications
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective
- Skill in use of Microsoft Office applications.
HSC - Lubbock
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Completion of high school or the equivalent with six years purchasing and/or contracting experience. Must have experience with eProcurement systems and/or software, preferably in a higher education environment. Additional related education may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 408480