Sr. Mental Health Clinician
Sr. Mental Health Clinician
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691503 - Psych Outpatient North
This a responsible professional Position with limited administrative and supervisory duties at the unit level. Specific duties include testing, psychological evaluation and diagnostic services as well as counseling assigned patient caseload. This position functions under the supervision of a higher level licensed psychologist, but the individual has full professional responsibility for higher actions and advice.
Portfolio, Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
Up to 25%
- Acts as the clinical and administrative supervisor to selected MHC's.
- Detection of severe mental illness in all O/P interaction.
- General O/P management of severely mental ill and at risk offenders.
- Processes referrals to medical and mental health providers.
- Processes referrals to crisis management.
- Correct and thorough completion of all types of clinical interviews.
- Reports OPI and offender threats to others to security as instructed by Safe Prisons Plan.
- Processes releases from MHO/CDO
- Assessments written based upon balanced clinical judgment.
- Effectively prioritizing job duties while maintaining risk management as a priority.
- Ensures the overall work productivity of assigned clinicians are at the expected standard as set forth by the Senior Director
- Ensures all TDCJ Health Services and ACA policies and procedures are followed by each assigned mental health epartment.
- Attends and represents assigned Mental Health department in unit and regional meetings as well as attends assigned trainings as directed by Senior Director.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more
Minimum Hire Rate
(in order of preference):
1. Master’s or Ph.D. in Psychology with licensure/certification.
2. Master’s or Ph.D. in Psychology without licensure/certification, with experience in corrections or working with difficult populations.
3. All other applicants.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Outpatient North
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Behav Health Care Professional
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Master’s degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years experience as a Mental Health Clinician.