Sr Lic Vocational Nurse
Sr Lic Vocational Nurse
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Employees in this classification are experienced LVN's responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or subspecialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Works under the direct supervision of staff nurse or physician. No delegated supervisory authority; may instruct co-workers and supervise them in the performance of special procedures. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients, families and clinic personnel.
- Responsible for providing professional nursing thought processes, experience and feedback in organizing and design of simulation experiences.
- Work closely with faculty and staff from TTUHSC and outside facilities and organizations in order to achieve appropriate simulation accuracy for testing and daily experiences.
- Maintain knowledge and skills of current standards regarding certifications for AHA.
- Compiles and maintains records as required by specific accreditation associations.
- Liaison and reference for 100+ instructors.
- Clean and organize supplies needed for instruction courses.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Stock carts and organize store room
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Permian Basin
SON SimLife Center Ode
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Education: Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing.
License/Certification: Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas.
Experience: At least two years of LVN experience in a hospital, clinic or community-based environment.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 400740