Sr Lic Vocational Nurse-Surgery Clinic
Sr Lic Vocational Nurse-Surgery Clinic
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
513301 - Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Employees in this classification are experienced LVN's responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or subspecialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Works under the direct supervision of staff nurse or physician. No delegated supervisory authority; may instruct co-workers and supervise them in the performance of special procedures. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patients, families and clinic personnel.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Implements teaching plans for patients and their families with well-defined health learning needs.
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills in the department.
- Attends nursing staff meetings.
- Participates in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources and facilitate continuity of care.
- Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Communicates with patients via telephone per clinic protocols.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examination, treatments and procedures.
- Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments.
- Maintains inventory of supplies in examination and procedure rooms.
- Completes Annual Nursing Core Competency Training and Skills Fair.
Minimum Hire Rate
Basic computer skills.
HSC - Lubbock
Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing. +License/Certification:+ Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. +Experience:+ At least two years of LVN experience in a hospital, clinic or community-based environment.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.