Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Reviews official medical records with physician/healthcare provider documentation and assigns appropriate codes for all physician/healthcare provider services from current editions of official coding sources. Ensures accurate, complete, and timely code assignments for all physician/healthcare providers.
- Reviews all provider documentation to accurately code orthopedic surgical procedures, emergency room visits and office visits
- Assists with charge entry and payment posting
- Professionally communicates documentation issues with providers and supervisor
- Stay updated with changes to payer requirements
- Attends continuing education webinars and conferences
Minimum Hire Rate
- Experience coding ICD-10
HSC - Lubbock
Ortho Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Hiring at a competitive rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P)
- Certified Coding Specialists (CCS)
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy (CHP)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Associate
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPH-H).
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 407517