Sr Clinic Assistant-ENT
Sr Clinic Assistant-ENT
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
514101 - Otolaryngology Lbk
Employees in this classification are in the senior position of this career track and provide patient care management to an assigned clinic in the areas of clerical and clinical duties. In clinical setting, the employee receives direct supervision from physician or nursing supervisor in either oral or written form. In office, the employee receives direct supervision from department administrator. May supervise other Medical Assistants, clerical staff and student positions. Work is performed under usual office and clinic conditions. May be stressful when working under emergency conditions.
- Assists licensed health care providers in collecting data to determine the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision making to improve patient care.
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills in the department.
- Attends nursing staff meetings.
- Completes Annual Nursing Core Competency Training and Skills Fair.
- Takes accurate vital signs and measurements.
- Assists with exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR per departmental policy.
- Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments as directed by Nurse Manager.
- Prepares necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures as directed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies in examination/treatment rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of examination/treatment rooms.
Minimum Hire Rate
Certified Nurse Aide (certification) with experience in ambulatory care.
HSC - Lubbock
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Education: A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. License/Certification: Graduation from an approved certified program for assistants in the area of required specialty. Certification by an approved accredited certifying agency in the specialty that particular work will be performed. Experience: A minimum of two years directly related experience.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?