Senior Operator Plant Ops Environmental Controls
|Senior Operator Plant Ops Environmental Controls|
|Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr|
|HSC - Lubbock|
|Bldg Maint and Op Lbk|
|Employees in this senior classification are responsible for the operation of a console, machinery, and/or data terminal. Work is performed under direct supervision, and is evaluated on the basis of accuracy and adequacy of output. Work is performed under office conditions; employees may work under pressure to meet deadlines.|
| * Maintains and monitors energy management systems.|
* Monitor and adjust set points and operating parameters as needed to conserve energy while ensuring optimum comfort conditions for building occupants.
* Responds to temperature complaints / problems.
* Monitor fire alarm systems and respond to alarms in accordance with existing procedures and routines.
* Respond to non-life threatening alarms and emergency calls; perform minor repairs, reset AHU's, VFD's, electrical breakers, etc.
* Maintains accurate records on each shift.
* Receive and relay messages accurately.
* Maintain record of alarms / problems that occur.
* Assist other Plant Operations employees with record keeping and operations of systems.
* Produce reports and energy consumption trends for analysis.
* Perform various walks throughout all HSC buildings, checking for leaks, lighting outages and other items needing repair.
| * Perform other related job duties as deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor(s).|
* Perform restroom preventive maintenance, e.g. - water leaks, loose toilet seats, clean dirty vents, loose tiles, hot water to sinks and proper door operation.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License and be an approved driver as determined by TTUS Office of Risk Management and insurance carrier. Must be able to pass the employee Criminal Background Check.
|Completion of high school or the equivalent plus three (3) years work experience in the area of assignment.|
| * Pneumatic and/or electrical / electronic controls knowledge. Basic understanding of HVAC systems and hydronics. College level engineering of electrical electronic study.|
* One year of experience with menu-drive Energy Management system software or spreadsheet / database computer programs.
* Knowledge of modern electronic practices, methods and resources as related to building systems.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with the trade.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Skilled in the use of various computer programs - spreadsheets and/or word processing.
|As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.|
|Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
|Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.|
|12 Hour Shifts, Could be Assigned to Days or Nights and Alternate Between|