Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691502 - Psych PAMIO Inpatient Facility
Manages and directs the day to day operations of a research center/institute or medium sized department. Plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of the center/institute/department. Develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities.
Up to 25%
- Professionally administers and completes psychological testing, interviews, and evaluations in Crisis Management (C/M).
- Oversight of crisis management services at the Clements Unit.
- Provides direct & indirect clinical care to patients in assigned PAMIO pods & Step Down/CMI, and oversees treatment team functioning.
- Ensures utilization and modification of policy and procedures and risk management policies.
- Responsible for the development, design, implementation, and coordination of behavioral health programming for Managed Care Inpatient Services.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned by the Managing Director.
- Utilizes expense reports to meet current budget and resource availability for programming initiatives.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
Position Specific Qualifications
Psychologist license in good standing or a reasonable expectation to complete one in the near future is strongly preferred.
Must demonstrate the ability to work with the seriously mentally-ill offender population in the context of a
multi-disciplinary, inpatient correctional environment. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex
documents. Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using
original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Skill in organizing, planning and directing psychological services. Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Extensive work with severely mentally-ill adult psychiatric populations. Extensive training and actual job-based utilization of objective psychological tests (PAI, MMPI-2), malingering interviews (MFAST, SIRS), DSM-IV diagnostic criteria, and suicide-risk assessments. Previous correctional psychology experience, particularly in an inpatient setting. APA-approved internship training in a correctional environment is also preferred.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych PAMIO Inpatient Facility
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
First line Managers
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred; Six years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education beyond Bachelor's may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.