Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Plans, designs, develops, and produces visual media. Prepares high resolution images for pre-press and web use.
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
- Design effective and thoughtful, creative print and/or interactive design solutions that support clients' promotional brand strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining effective and professional communication habits with other departments, students, faculty and staff.
- Ensure visual design quality and uphold technical and brand standards of all creative deliverables.
- Identify opportunities and offer solutions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Strive for continual creative improvement and a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability as it relates to each client deliverable.
- Work collaboratively with other creative team directors/members, providing visual creative input for client deliverables across all media.
- Coordinate production projects efficiently with vendors to meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Participate in creative sessions for all clients and engage in group creative discussions.
- Consistently demonstrate integrity, professional maturity, commitment and accountability according to the five values described in our Values-Based Culture: One Team, Kind Hearted, Integrity, Visionary, Beyond Service.
- Responsible for a smooth and timely creative workflow. Works to meet deadlines and follows priorities as determined by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- Commit to continuously evolving design skills across all applicable mediums to remain current and competitive.
Minimum Hire Rate
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually with attention to detail while managing demanding deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as web and digital standards and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with associates at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-departmentally.
- Quick problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in design communications or equivalent experience preferred.
- A well-rounded portfolio of current work that includes but is not limited to print, packaging, outdoor boards, web, digital and social media.
- 1-3 years experience in advertising/design environment.
HSC - Lubbock
Comm and Marketing Lbk
Portfolio, Professional/Personal References
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Associates degree plus one year related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal three years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 416604