Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351301 - Simulation Program Lbk
Manages a section in a department that has institutional oversight. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the section. Represents the section to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
Up to 25%
- Assists faculty/educators with integration of simulation-based activities.
- Assists faculty/educators with the development of simulation-based activities.
- Assists in the evaluation of simulation-based activities for both formative and summative assessments and provides feedback to educators.
- Disseminates information concerning simulators, manikins, partial trainers, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate faculty.
- Evaluates needs for additional resources.
- Monitors available learning resources to ensure the materials are consistent with current evidence-based standards.
- Performs assessment to identify needs specific to simulation-based resources.
- Obtains faculty input as to the effectiveness of simulation integration.
- Assists in development and presentation of simulation-based workshops, in-services, or credentialing activities.
- Maintains utilization statistics specific to center’s activities
- Participates in conducting certification classes for Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Oversite of operations related to inventory control, set-ups/tear-downs, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, ordering of all equipment, supplies and disposables, and scheduling, etc.
- Oversite of information technology as appropriate for the center to include digital audio/visual needs regarding practice and assessment activities.
- Assists the Health Information Manager with programming and data entry specific to the Electronic Health Records.
- Assists the Director of the Standardized Patient (SP) Program in developing and integrating SPs into simulation-based experiences appropriately.
- Liaison to the community (internal and external) in their area
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hire Rate
Dallas / Ft. Worth
- Master's degree
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and proficiency in English language.
- Effective time management, delegation and prioritization abilities.
- Past experience with simulation-based education or center management.
HSC - Dallas
Simulation Program Lbk
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
First line Managers
This position will require occasional travel from Mansfield (home location) to Dallas and Lubbock.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree required plus four years supervisory experience.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.