Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Coordinates a section in a department that has institutional oversight responsibilities. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program or departmental project as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and/or students.
Up to 25%
- Supports the HSC Extra Degree of Service Commitment of making the lives of those we serve our number one purpose through excellent care and service
- Develop and manage annual Career Service Center (CSC) calendar for all regional campuses and SON programs. Requires collaboration with appropriate faculty
- Supervise the planning and execution of all Career Services Center events on all campuses, including required documentation before and after events, with support of the Coordinator. Requires coordination with regional staff and faculty
- Conduct face-to-face, ZOOM, and email resume and cover letter review sessions
- Manage the online job posting site including approval of job postings and ongoing communication with employers, students, alumni, and faculty
- Correspond with appropriate students and alumni regarding CSC events, job openings, or other important career-related information
- Responsible for answering CSC's calls from students and employers, providing good customer service by using listening skills, answering questions, anticipating needs and following up as needed
- Develop and present CSC presentations using PowerPoint or other presentation programs
- Update online Career Center events page and online workshop registration forms
- Responding to prospective and current students' questions emailed to the SONCareer shared email inboxes
- Assists Director to update card with event dates dates, orders cards, and distributes cards including regional faculty and staff
- Serves as point of contact with stakeholders such as speakers, with regards to details for Career Center events
- Assists Director by maintaining records of Career Center attendance at events as well as number of times students meet with Career Center staff
- Assists with Commencement by helping as needed
- Promote Career Center and related topics by sharing information on social media sites
- Attends recruitment events and assists recruitment team as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Hire Rate
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Able to proofread and critique applications including resumes, cover letters, and essays. Event planning experience. Prior experience preparing presentations and speaking in front of groups of people.
HSC - Lubbock
SON Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelors degree plus two (2) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal six (6) years.
Able to initiate interactions with community stakeholders such as hospital recruiters, as well as faculty and staff in the School of Nursing including regional campuses. Excellent people and communication skills including grammar and punctuation. Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Need strong organizational skills and must work well under pressure. Knowledgeable in Microsoft applications.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414248