Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
101019 - Immigration Services Lbk
Coordinates a section in a department that has institutional oversight responsibilities. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program or departmental project as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and/or students.
Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
Provides support to the Office of Institutional Compliance and specifically with Immigration Compliance & Services. Works closely with the Managing Director on administrative and compliance issues.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Immigration Services Lbk
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Office and Admn Wkrs All Other
Compliance Program Management (40%)
- Manage the ICS Compliance Program to ensure regulatory compliance including I-9, E-Verify, Exchange Visitor Insurance; USCIS I-129 Record; Dept. of Labor - Labor Condition Applications and Permanent Labor Certification compliance.
- Prepare and submit all compliance related reporting.
- Work with ICS team to ensure the collection and analysis of data to prepare, submit and implement and track compliance reports and programs;
- Conduct periodic internal reviews/audits to ensure compliance with documented processes and procedures
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed federal immigration and employment laws. Develop and implement actions to ensure compliance.
- Maintain compliance calendar and documentation of compliance activities.
- Prepare internal reports regarding compliance operations and progress. Prepare and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
- Open immigration records in the electronic database(s); ensure records are updated as new information is received. Ensure customers are correctly entering information into the "client" side of the database.
Internal Audit & Investigations
- Assist the Managing Director with internal compliance audits and investigations.
Cross-Collaboration & Partnerships
- Partner with the HR team to ensure compliance with all federal and state posting requirements.
- Ensure weekly and monthly updates to the payroll record (Banner) immigration records are done in a timely fashion.
- Assist with special projects/programs requiring compliance stakeholder input.
Training & Development (10%)
- Assist in the development and implementation of compliance related policies and procedures and training.
Vendor Engagement (10%)
- Assist with the management of immigration compliance related vendors including deliverables, contracts and payments.
- Maintain professional memberships and pay dues and fees in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and record Pcard and Travel card expenses and create reports as required by the finance office.
Administrative Duties (40%)
- Answer phones, manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinate special project and events, office activities and meetings. Schedules meetings/conference rooms and arrange for telecommunications services (audio, Zoom, Techlink, etc). Ensure meeting information is distributed to attendees in a timely fashion.
- Initiate travel plans. Process expense reimbursement documents and reports.
- Purchase supplies, memberships, subscriptions, and other office items. Process procurement card reconciliation reports.
- Assist in budget oversight. Review operational ledgers on a monthly basis with Managing Director. Keep track of expenditures and ensure accuracy and forecasting of budget. Attend budget related meetings and keep staff appraised of administrative procedures and updates.
- Additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Create and maintain ICS website with the assistance of ICS staff. Upload and remove immigration compliance notices.
- Assist with maintenance of e-immigration database questionnaires, document uploads and related information.
- Assist ICO Executive Administrative Assistant with office administrative duties and provide relief during vacation and other leaves of absence.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelors degree plus two (2) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal six (6) years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?