Registered Nurse (RN) - Staff
Registered Nurse (RN) - Staff
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
- Attends nurse power hours and other mandatory training to maintain competency
- Administers medications and manages refill requests.
- Performs Intrauterine Inseminations per the physicians request and documents in EMR
- Performs transvaginal and abdominal ultrasounds per physician request and documents in EMR. Reports any abnormalities to physicians.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/ outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Implements teaching plans for patients and their families with health learning needs.
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills in department.
- Participates in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources and facilitates continuity of care.
- Attends Nursing staff meetings.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements
- Communicates with patients via telephone per clinic protocols.
- Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Stocks and Inspects inventory of supplies in examination and treatment rooms
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Promote, Assess, and evaluate the educational needs and requirements specific to your job discipline
- Contribute to KPIs as appropriate for job functions.
- All other duties delegated by supervisor.
Minimum Hire Rate
Generally M-F, 8-5. Clinic can run over scheduled hours, so additional hours may be required.
Basic computer skills. OBGYN experience. Previous RN experience in a hospital, clinic or community-based setting.
HSC - Lubbock
Ob Gyn Pavilion Lbk
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
All other duties delegated by supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of professional nursing or scheduled to complete a program of professional nursing within 120 days of applying for a position.
Current Registered Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice professional nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt.
No experience required.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 415204