Registered Nurse (RN) - Staff
Registered Nurse (RN) - Staff
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Employees in this classification are responsible for providing professional nursing care in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty clinic. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of a total health care team to provide the patient with complete evaluations. Employees in this position generally assist the head nurse in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for this person in the event of his/her absence. May supervise and instruct subordinate nursing personnel. Receives supervision from head nurse or physician, functions independently within guidelines. May supervise ancillary nursing personnel in the performance of certain tasks, and assists in training personnel. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, families, and other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Up to 25%
This position will serve as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the TTUHSC SON Combest Central Community Health Center ambulatory clinic. The primary responsibilities for this positions include:
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/ outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families.
- Implements teaching plans for patients and their families with health learning needs.
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills in department.
- Attends nursing staff meetings.
- Participates in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources and facilitates continuity of care.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements.
- Communicates with patients via telephone per clinic protocols.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments.
- Stocks and inspects inventory of supplies in examination and treatment rooms.
- Telephone triage assessment of patients via telephone per clinic protocols.
- Administers vaccinations and immunizations as prescribed by law and clinical protocol.
- Maintain current RN license and BLS certification.
- May serve as back up to clinic administrator.
Minimum Hire Rate
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. alternating with other RN 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m
- 3 or more years in an ambulatory clinic setting.
- Have experience working with children and adults
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish to meet patient needs
- Experience working vaccination and immunization management
- Experience working and navigating effectively in an EMR system
- Have an understanding and experience with the patient referral process
- Clearly understand HIPAA and other laws related to HIPAA
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with patients, staff, and community at large
- Strong work ethic with the ability to effectively create a teamwork environment
- Ability to self-manage in a complex clinical environment
Professional License or Certification, Professional/Personal References, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Occasional duties may included:
- In the absence of the clinic administrator this position will assist with check in and check out of front office staff monies.
- Attend classes/training to maintain RN licensure requirement.
- Attend training/conferences for professional development.
- Complete institutional and departmental training as identified.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of professional nursing or scheduled to complete a program of professional nursing within 120 days of applying for a position.
Current Registered Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice professional nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt.
No experience required.
Letters of recommendation must be dated within the last12 months.
Applicant must upload RN license, transcript, and BLS certification
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 412364