PRN RN - Combest LB Wellness Center & Central
PRN RN - Combest LB Wellness Center & Central
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351901 - SON Combest Center Lbk
A job involving an appointment for infrequent temporary work where the employee is called in as needed.
The RN in this position will serve as a PRN RN for the TTUHSC SON Combest Lubbock clinics, which include the Larry Combest Wellness Center and Combest Central.
- Function within the nurse’s legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Texas board of Nursing Rules that emphasize safety, as well as all federal, state, and local government and accreditation organization safety requirements and standards.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care provided to patients and their families.
- Determine the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families based upon interpretation of comprehensive health assessment findings.
- Analyze assessment data to identify problems, formulate goals / outcomes, and develop plans of care for patients and their families using information from evident-based practice in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Evaluate and report patient outcomes and responses to therapeutic interventions in comparison to benchmarks from evident-based practice, and plan follow-up nursing care.
- Develop, implement and evaluate teaching plans for patients and their families to address health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
- Coordinate human, information, and material resources in providing care for patients and their families.
- Implement measures to promote quality and a safe environment for patients, self, and others.
- Obtain instruction, supervision, or training as needed when implementing nursing procedures or practices.
- Accept and make assignments and delegate tasks that take into consideration patient safety and organizational policy.
- Communicate patient data using Electronic Health Records to support decision making to improve patient care.
- Refer patients and their families to resources that facilitate continuity of care, health promotion, maintenance and restoration .
- Supervise and / or delegate nursing care to other members of the health care team using evidence-based practice in accordance with departmental staffing model.
- Demonstrates the TTUHSC Values-Based Culture
Minimum Hire Rate
Evening, Night, and Day and Weekend shift
- Two years of experience working in a hospital, ambulatory clinic, or community-based setting.
- CPR\\BLS Certified.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience.
- Proficient in office software applications.
- Experience using medical equipment.
- Experience in phlebotomy (lab\\blood).
- Experience in collecting and processing lab specimens.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other clinic staff, supervisor, departments, and outside entities to provide quality healthcare to the patient.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and think critically in compliance with the TTUHSC, SON, and LCCHWC such as HIPAA, Compliance, and Safety.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate being a self-started and be self-motivated.
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate effectively with patients, providers, staff, and other entities.
- Experience in reviewing patient charts for quality indicators.
- Ability to communicate in English & Spanish to be able to communicate with Spanish speaking patients.
HSC - Lubbock
SON Combest Center Lbk
Diversity Statement, Professional License or Certification, Professional/Personal References, Recommendation/Referral, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Seasonal and Temporary
- Attend required institutional and departmental training sessions.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Staff RN will be required to review patient charts and provide outcomes for performance management, quality improvement, and required reporting.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Due to the broad nature of work found in this job, minimum qualifications for a particular job will be determined by the hiring manager. The qualifications will be commensurate with level and nature of work to be performed.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?