Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691004 - Lamesa Smith Unit
Draws blood from patients in correctional hospital facility for analysis or other medical purposes.
- Performs phlebotomy as required using aseptic techniques.
- Maintains specimen collection containers by monitoring expiration dates.
- Reports abnormal findings or processing errors to the charge nurse.
- Check and insures that laboratory equipment is properly functioning and maintains a temperature log.
- Properly uses EMR to ensure continuity of care.
- Is active in Quality Assurance monitoring for laboratory equipment.
- Orders and maintains laboratory supplies.
- Properly utilizes the collection and preparation of specimens.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Hire Rate
License/Certification from a minimum six week Phlebotomy Certification Program.
Prefer knowledge of laboratory methods, terminology and procedures related to assigned area; ability to calibrate,
maintain and repair laboratory equipment.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Lamesa Smith Unit
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.