Patient Services Specialist
Patient Services Specialist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the clinic patient flow and serves as the primary contacts for patients. Responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position is responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies and maintaining related information for the department. Employees in this classification receive general supervision. Most work is performed according to established procedures; problems of an unusual nature are referred to supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, HSC staff, and insurance companies. Employees have cash handling responsibilities.
- Providing excellent customer service to anyone that calls or walks into the clinic.
- Assists patients with applications and forms.
- Receipts payments for clinic services.
- Communication with Physicians and Nursing regarding clinic changes.
- Supports the Service Plus Philosophy of Texas Tech University Health Science Center.
- Adheres to institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Receiving/checking out patients.
- Receive all incoming calls for the clinic.
- Prepare schedule of daily appointments for distribution as necessary and notifying clinic staff of any changes.
- Maintaining required files in clinic.
- Maintaining and updating referrals.
- Contacting patients (referring physician) who have missed appointments.
- Accurately follows institutional policy and procedures from auditing services on "cash handling" a method which is reflected by daily journals.
- Operates IDX and Powerchart systems in a proficient manner.
- Keeps lobby and reception area neat and orderly.
- Obtains and checks all demographic and billing information and makes corrections as necessary.
- Arrives on time at 8 am.
- Assists patients with problems concerning insurance.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Pedi Administration Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.+Experience:+ * At least three years of general office experience. * At least one year of general office experience in a clinic or physician's office.
- * At least 90 days service at TTUHSC as a Patient Services Trainee, documented completion of all relevant IDX training and a recent performance appraisal on file with a rating of meeting or exceeding expectations.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 410659