Patient Services Specialist
Patient Services Specialist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the clinic patient flow and serves as the primary contacts for patients. Responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position is responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies and maintaining related information for the department. Employees in this classification receive general supervision. Most work is performed according to established procedures; problems of an unusual nature are referred to supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, HSC staff, and insurance companies. Employees have cash handling responsibilities.
- Assist the lead eligibility staff member with insurance eligibility for all Pediatrics appointments, before, on the day of, and after arrival when necessary.
- Process specialty PowerChart referrals. Obtain provider approval when applicable, verify insurance is accurate and determine if insurance referral is needed, and schedule the appointment.
- Ensure that all Pediatric appointments insurance has been verified correctly or verify as needed.
- Assists patients with questions or concerns upon check in regarding insurance, forms, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required when team members are absent to include paper referral processing, PowerChart referrals, insurance verifications, no show processing.
- Supports the Service Plus Philosophy of Texas Tech University Health Science Center.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Pedi Administration Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.+Experience:+ * At least three years of general office experience. * At least one year of general office experience in a clinic or physician's office.
- * At least 90 days service at TTUHSC as a Patient Services Trainee, documented completion of all relevant IDX training and a recent performance appraisal on file with a rating of meeting or exceeding expectations.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 408840