Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Administers local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics prescribed by Anesthesiologist to induce total or partial loss of sensation or consciousness in patients during surgery, deliveries, or other medical and dental procedures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
- Fits mask to patient's face, turns dials and sets gauges of equipment to regulate flow of oxygen and gases to administer anesthetic by inhalation method.
- Prepares prescribed solutions and administers local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetic.
- Notes patient's skin color and dilation of pupils and observes video screen and digital display of computerized equipment to monitor patient's vital signs during anesthesia.
- Initiates remedial measures to prevent surgical shock or other adverse conditions.
- Informs physician of patient's condition during anesthesia.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ Completion of a Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) from an approved program of nurse anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Education Programs/Schools (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists - AANA) or scheduled to complete a Master’s degree in Nursing within 90 days of applying for a position. +License/Certification:+ Current RN license in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer your license to Texas. Current certification as a nurse anesthesiologist by the Council on Certification or eligible to become certified. Acceptance of credentials as a CRNA by the State Board of Nurse Examiners prior to hire. +Experience:+ Two years experience in an acute care nursing setting.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 401304