Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512406 - Neurology Dept Lbk Genl
Provides support to Neurology faculty in the treatment of patients and teaching of residents.
Professional/Personal Reference, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
- Performs EMG, NCV, EEG, and other physiological tests such as electrocardiogram, electroculogram, autonomic function and ambulatory electroencephalogram.
- Measures patient's head and other body parts and marks points where electrodes are to be placed.
- Attaches electrodes to predetermined locations, and verifies functioning of electrodes and recording instruments.
- Prepares neurodiagnostic machines and ensures accurate operation.
- Operates recording instruments and supplemental equipment and chooses settings for optimal viewing of nervous system.
- Performs long term monitoring for seizure patients and prints out hard copy for physician review.
- Prepares examination rooms, cleans examination rooms after use, and ensures that supplies are stocked.
- Conducts visual, auditory, and somatosensory evoked potential response tests to measure latency of response to stimuli.
- Records montage (electrode combination) and instrument settings, and observes and notes patient's behavior during test.
- Answers call for emergency patient care requirements of the Electroneurodiagnostic Clinic during holiday, weekends, and after hours as assigned.
- Cleans and maintains neurodiagnostic machines.
- Is proactive/responsive to other duties as assigned by superiors.
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Works with physicians, administrator and unit manager to resolve scheduling conflicts and room utilization.
Supports Service Plus philosophy of TTUHSC and TTP of Lubbock to include the mission and vision.
Minimum Hire Rate
* Three years related experience OR two years in the HSC Neurodiagnostic Technologist Career Track with one of those years as a Neurodiagnostic Technologist.
* Registry with the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
HSC - Lubbock
Neurology Dept Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Is proactive/responsive to other duties as assigned by superiors.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ * High school diploma or equivalent. +Experience:+ * Two years related experience OR one year as a Neurodiagnostic Technologist Assistant in the HSC Neurodiagnostic Technologist Career Track. +Certification:+ * Registered EEG Technologist (R. EEG T.) with the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) registry.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?