Mental Health Clinician - H83884
Mental Health Clinician - H83884
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691505 - Psych Outpatient South
This a responsible professional position at the unit level. Specific duties include testing, mental health evaluation, conducting therapy, crisis intervention, follow up assessments, and diagnostic services as well as counseling assigned patient caseload. This position functions under the supervision of a higher level licensed psychologist, but the individual has full professional responsibility for higher actions and advice.
- Detection of severe mental illness in all P/P interaction.
- Offender Risk Management.
- Management of severely mental ill and at risk offenders
- Processes referrals to medical and mental health providers, along with referrals to other programs.
- Provide therapeutic services for assigned caseload.
- Reports OPI and offender threats to others to security as instructed by Safe Prisons Plan.
- Correct and thorough completion of all types of clinical interviews.
- Assessments written based upon balanced clinical judgment.
- Assist in the management of patient treatment.
- Effectively prioritizing job duties while maintaining risk management as a priority.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications
The Applicant may have a Master's and a licensure as an LPC or LMFT or Ph.D. in Psychology. Also, an Applicant may have a LMSW or LCSW. Other closely-related degrees may be considered if there is strong evidence that the Applicant demonstrates: the clinical ability to make accurate diagnostic and risk-related treatment decision, will operate within their area of expertise, and will correctly utilize supervision from the Mental Health Clinical supervisors.
The Applicant must have the ability to function effectively and professionally as a part of a multidiscipline treatment team. The Applicant must have knowledge of the principles, ethics, terminology, and procedures of mental health assessment, individual, and group treatment. Must be able to skillfully analyze data and integrate information into appropriate reports or documentation. Must have strong work ethic and follow ethical guidelines.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Outpatient South
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selectedand budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
other duties as assigned.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ * Master’s degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university.