Mental Health Clinician H83305
Mental Health Clinician H83305
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
This a responsible professional Position with limited administrative and supervisory duties at the unit level. Specific duties include testing, psychological evaluation and diagnostic services as well as counseling assigned patient caseload. This position functions under the supervision of a higher level licensed psychologist, but the individual has full professional responsibility for higher actions and advice.
Portfolio, Professional License/Certification
Up to 25%
- Adheres to institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the use of approved templates, database and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) procedures.
- Correct and thorough completion of self-harm risk assessments (SHRA).
- Correct and thorough completion of all types of clinical interviews.
- General O/P management of severely mental ill and at risk offenders.
- Detection of severe mental illness in all O/P interaction.
- Offender risk management.
- Process Referrals to medical and mental health providers.
- Process referrals to crisis management.
- Reports OPI and offender threats to other to security as instructed by Safe Prisons Plan.
- Process releases from MHO/CDO.
- Assessments written based upon balanced clinical judgment.
- Effectively prioritizing job duties while maintaining risk management as a priority.
- Follows all Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ), American Correctional Association (ACA) and Texas Tech University Health Science Center (TTUHSC) policies , procedures and audit guidelines.
- Conducts psychological testing and assessment.
- Works cooperatively with Mental Health Department and all other unit staff.
- Coordinates Tele-psychiatry (if applicable).
- Professional conduct.
- Assists the unit's Incident Commander during emergency situations (when applicable).
- Performs a variety of marginal duties to be determined and assigned by the Regional Director of Psychological Services, local Administrator, or designees.
Minimum Hire Rate
19.70 (Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications)
The applicant must have the ability to function effectively and professionally as a part of a multidisciplinary treatment team. The applicant must have knowledge of the principles, ethics, terminology, and procedures of psychological assessment, individual, and group treatments. Must be able to skillfully analyze data and integrate information into appropriate reports or documentation. Must have strong work ethic and follow APA ethical guidelines.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Psych Outpatient South
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
* Master’s degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 415379