Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
To perform specialized clerical and secretarial duties in support of the medical staff/faculty of the TTUHSC. Employees in this position are responsible for performing varied and complex office duties which require a thorough knowledge of departmental and institutional policies and procedures, as well as medical and scientific terminology. Work is performed under general office conditions requiring a high degree of telephone and personal contact with HSC faculty, staff, patients, and outside professionals. Work is also performed under pressure of deadlines, which may include frequent requests for urgent reports.
Up to 25%
- Provide front office coverage for the department's main switchboard. Provide timely and courteous responses to all callers.
- Provide support to all Faculty and Clinical Department Administrator, to include composing letters as assigned by faculty. Responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Responsible for maintaining all Faculty's calendar of events.
- Responsible for making all travel arrangements (applications/vouchers) for all Faculty and Chairman.
- Maintain assigned Faculty expenses, credentialing files, and CVs. Transcribe minutes for the department, as needed.
- Responsible for the processing of all prospective CME activities to include all travel arrangements, if needed. Collect and distribute department mail, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, Administrator, or Chairman.
- Provide support to Vice-Chair Clerkship Director.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - El Paso
Anesthesiology Elp Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
* A minimum of a High school diploma or GED. * At least 90 days experience as a Medical Secretary Trainee. OR * Three years of secretarial experience with 1 year in a medical or educational setting.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
Army Military Occupational Speciality Code
Air Force Speciality Code
Marine Military Occupational Speciality Code