Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Charts encounters between physicians or other practitioners and patients in real time and organizes health care data to maximize efficiency and productivity of clinical care in real time during medical exams. Complies with specific standards that apply to the style of medical records and to the legal and ethical requirements for preparing medical documents and for keeping patient information confidential. Complies with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
- Captures accurate and detailed description of patient encounters with a provider and enters into electronic medical record (EMR)
- Accompanies providers and directly observes patient encounters
- Documents name and signature on all transcribed services
- Assist provider in navigating the EMR
- Located information in EMR for physician review as needed
- Documents name of provider rendering service and sends documentation to that provider for attestation and signature
Minimum Hire Rate
Active listening skills, good communication skills and attention to details are crucial for success in this position.
HSC - Lubbock
Ortho Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or GED. A minimum of two (2) years of job related experience.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 413697