Licensed Vocational Nurse
|Licensed Vocational Nurse|
|Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr|
|HSC - Lubbock|
|Ob Gyn Pavilion Lbk|
|Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a licensed staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patient, families and clinic personnel.|
| 1. Reports data, identifies and reports alterations in patient responses to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/ outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.|
2. Implements teaching plans for patients and their families with well-defined health learning needs.
3. Communicates with patients via telephone per clinic protocols.
4. Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examination, treatments and procedures.
5. Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments.
6. Maintains inventory of supplies in examination and procedure rooms.
7. Attends all nurse power hours and completes all mandatory training to maintain competency.
8. Participates in emergency preparedness drills in department.
9. Attends nursing staff meetings
10. Participates in the identification of patient needs for referral to resources and facilitate continuity of care.
11. Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR
12. Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements
13. Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families.
14. Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care
15. Administers medications and manages refill requests.
16. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Promote, Assess, and evaluate the educational needs and requirements specific to your job discipline
17. Contribute to KPIs as appropriate for job functions
|All other duties delegated by supervisor.|
|+Education:+ Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. +License/Certification:+ Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX- PN) on the first attempt. +Experience:+ No experience required.|
|Education: Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 90 days of applying for a position. License/Certification: Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. Experience: At least two years of LVN experience in a hospital, clinic or community-based environment.. Basic computer skills.|
|As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.|
|Cover Letter |
Resume / CV
|Professional/Personal Reference |
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
|Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.|
|generally M-F, 8-5.|