Licensed Vocational Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
512701 - Ortho Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a licensed staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patient, families and clinic personnel.
- Welcoming patients warmly with compassion
- Listening carefully to patient needs presented face to face or over the phone and communicating a clear and accurate response.
- Supporting busy orthopaedic providers to schedule surgeries, give injections, cast and splint, provide wound care and dressing changes, and general follow up care for injuries and problems.
- Implementing teaching plans for patients and their families with well-defined health learning needs
- Working collaboratively with other health care team members to ensure patient needs are met and clinic operations are efficient.
- Taking and recording accurate vital signs and measurements as well as assisting with exams and procedures
- Maintaining a clean and tidy clinic space including sterilizing and disinfecting medical equipment and instruments
- Identifying needs for improvement and opportunities to recognize excellence in the performance of all team members
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Ortho Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. +License/Certification:+ Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX- PN) on the first attempt. +Experience:+ No experience required.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?