IT Support Technician II
IT Support Technician II
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
351604 - SON Lbk Genl
The IT Support Technician II’s scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of basic hardware and some software support and maintenance. This position will also specialize in hardware and software relevant to the department or unit. The IT Support Technician II’s scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of basic hardware and some software support and maintenance. This position will also specialize in hardware and software relevant to the department or unit.
- Supports the ServicePlus philosophy of Texas Tech
- Troubleshoots and installs hardware and software on existing and new systems. Provides technical support for new and existing systems including desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and miscellaneous equipment needs
- Oversees necessary equipment and supplies are in good working order (computer hardware and software designated for use by this position)
- Collaborates on IT Projects related to office expansion, building construction, infrastructure upgrades, network topology
- Participates in regular meetings with technology staff to insure proper integration of processes and procedures regarding online IT projects
- Assists in solving network associated access problems encountered by faculty, staff and students
- Duties consist of identifying, diagnosing, and resolving technology issues for user of computer software and hardware. Able to provide technology support in a call center environment; communicate clear solutions to end-users
- Other duties as assigned by the SON IT Leadership and SON Administration
- Assists with new user orientation for School of Nursing students and faculty
- Provides backup support for SON technology team.
Minimum Hire Rate
Able to provide help-desk technology support for online and walk-in staff, students, and faculty.
Ensures IT issues are addressed, resolved, escalated, communicated, and tracked while focusing on customer service and end-user satisfaction.
Excellent written and oral communications skills and strong service orientation and time management skills. Must also have the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
The ability to work well with people of different academic and administrative disciplines, including those with varying degrees of technical experience and knowledge.
Ability to work as a member of the team, or on your own as the situation dictates.
Basic understanding of PC and Apple hardware systems as well as operating systems and common software packages in order to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
Able to quickly identify problems and use independent judgment to identify solutions/action plans.
Ability to handle difficult situations while maintaining poise and professionalism.
Ability and willingness to aggregate, analyze, and synthesize input from technical and business resources to draw clear conclusions.
A proactive, self-starter with a superior work ethic and a .high level of initiative and self-motivation. Willingness to learn new technologies
HSC - Lubbock
SON Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Professional License or Certification, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus one (1) year related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?