IT Support Technician I
IT Support Technician I
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
The IT Support Technician I’s scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of basic hardware and some software support and maintenance.
Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral
Up to 25%
With close supervision by management and/or project leads:
- Provides department or unit, primarily basic hardware and some software support and maintenance, including, but not limited to, desktops, printers, lab equipment, etc.
- Troubleshoots primarily hardware, some software, or some system problems.
- Performs technical duties necessary for department or unit business operations.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Basic analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem-solving.
- Basic technology hardware and software competency.
- Training in fundamental hardware and software support through education or experience.
Minimum Hire Rate
Industry recognized certifications such as A+, Net+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCTA, etc.
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal four (4) years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414912