HSC Post Doctoral Rsch Assoc
HSC Post Doctoral Rsch Assoc
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Performs specialized Post Doctoral work in the planning, conducting and/or supervision of original research. Responsible for participating in a research project associated with Ph.D studies and the interpretation of the results of publication. Work is performed under supervision of graduate faculty members with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
- Performs routine maintenance of laboratory equipment, including sterilization and calibration of equipment, ensuring that equipment is in good repair, and general laboratory clean-up.
- Conducts literature searches in the library to assist with research work.
- Prepares and submits for publication scientific papers and articles concerning research work and results.
- Designs and performs laboratory experiments as part of the research.
- Analyzes and interprets data obtained in research and laboratory experiments.
- In conjunction with the PI, develops and determines research procedures to be utilized in a specific project.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research project and for publishing findings and results of the research.
- Carries out research in the area of neuroblastoma drug resistance, including molecular mechanisms and identifying drugs and drug combinations that overcome neuroblastoma drug resistance.
- Ability to work semi-independently to carry out demanding biomedical research in the area of cancer drug development.
- Supports the Service Plus philosophy of Texas Tech.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Pedi Administration Lbk Genl
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
PhD or equivalent doctorate (e.g., D.Sc., M.D.) in area of project specialization.
Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Are select agents used in this laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 411542