Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment not covered by a service maintenance agreement.
* Heating and cooling schedules for requested events.
* Move various equipment, furniture, surplus items, etc.
* Follows office procedures regarding purchase requisitions, purchasing receipts, leave forms, etc.
* Responds / executes and finalizes requests in TMA work order system.
* Vehicle maintenance, mileage log, distribution / documentation to keep fleet maintenance records.
* Carpentry, plumbing and electrical pertaining to minor building maintenance and remodeling.
* Monitors and/or performs minor repairs to HVAC.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal Schedule Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. On-Call for Building Emergencies As Needed.
Two years experience in commercial HVAC maintenance, may be substituted for a degree, a journeyman's license or certificate. Must have a working knowledge of tools, materials, methods and practices of building maintenance and light construction associated with the trade. Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions related to maintenance and light construction. Needs basic computer skills as they relate to entry of time, work order system, and email.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Performs on-call duties as required, as essential personnel of the institution and at the direction of the institution and supervisors. Receive calls, emails and text messages by cell phone.
* Performs any and all duties deemed necessary and assigned by any supervisory level Facilities personnel.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License to be able to operate State Vehicles and run errands and to pick up parts.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 414237