Foreman Mechanics Shop
Foreman Mechanics Shop
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
This position is responsible for the planning and organizing of work of journeyman in an assigned trade, the development of material and labor estimates for proposed work, as well as the assigned trade shop budget, inventories, procedures and policies. Work is primarily evaluated for effective use of resources, accomplishment of assigned projects, and adherence to trade standards.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
* Plans, assigns and supervises the work of subordinates.
* Responsible for various equipment, wall mountings, furniture, and related items to be assembled, serviced or repaired.
* Initiates work orders through work control for any building systems that are found to be deficient.
* Supervises and works in fabrication and repair by welding various frames, forms, braces, brackets, racks and other items.
* Furnishes cost estimates on individual jobs as requested by Superintendent of construction and maintenance.
* Documents and records work accomplished, time expended, and parts used on appropriate forms and in the CMMS Work Order system.
* Responsible for managing and performing steam trap preventive maintenance program
* Hires, disciplines and evaluates workers.
* Performs on-call duties as essential personnel of the institution and at the direction of the institution.
* Performs annual performance evaluations on subordinates.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal Schedule 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday. On Call as needed 24/7 for facility emergencies or weekend or after-hours work.
* Job related vocational training or other education may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
* Three years experience as a licensed journeyman in the assigned trade; or six years experience in maintenance / mechanic trade, preferably lead worker experience.
* Thorough knowledge of the standard tools, equipment, materials, methods and practices of the assigned trade.
* Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
HSC - Lubbock
Bldg Maint and Op Lbk
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Must be able to pass moving vehicle records check, to operate state vehicles as necessary to travel to job sites or pick up parts.
* Performs any and all related job duties deemed necessary and assigned by any supervisory level Plant Operations personnel.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience as a licensed journeyman in the assigned trade; or six years experience in designated trade. Job-related vocational training and other education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis. Thorough knowledge of the standard tools, equipment, materials, methods and practices of the assigned trade.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 388002