ER Nurse - H93028
ER Nurse - H93028
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Provides nursing services to patients admitted to the Regional Medical Facility Emergency Room. Assesses the patient with life threatening airway, breathing, or circulation problems. Obtains medical history and performs head to toe assessment, including evaluation of the patient's back.
* Communicates patient data and documents interventions using the EHR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
* Obtains medical history and performs head-to-toe assessment. Assists with or performs specialized procedures. Operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
* Administer or assist with administration and documentation of oral, parenteral, or IV medications, oxygen, and/or nebulizer treatments.
* Screen sick call requests within 24 hr of receipt. Provider nursing sick calls to offenders from psychiatric services and the Trusty Camp. Perform nursing clinic in the Primary Care Clinic or on the pods.
* Responds to emergencies. Performs advanced technical procedures and skills. Avoid Hypothermia, Hypovolemia, and Environmental exposure.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.
A minimum of one year experience working in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting. Basic computer skills.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - ER
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ Graduated from an approved accredited School of Nursing. +License/Certification:+ * Current license as a Registered Nurse from the Texas State Board of Nursing or ability to transfer license to Texas. * ACLS certification. +Experience:+ At least two years of experience with one of those years in an emergency room.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 384165