Emergency Management Coordinator
Emergency Management Coordinator
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Responsible for the development, coordination, administration and management of a unit. Under the leadership of the Senior Director for Safety Services and Emergency Management. The Emergency Planner coordinates emergency planning initiatives for the University. Performs administrative, technical, and planning duties to integrate the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Emergency Management Plan with state requirements, the Clery Act, Continuity of Operations plans, campus Emergency Action Plans and campus response activities. Develops, coordinates, integrates, and implements Emergency Action Plans for all campuses. Reviews and analyzes emergency management operations, prepares reports of findings, and makes recommendations including justifications for procedural or policy changes. Assists with development of operational drills and/or exercise scenarios designed to train, test, and evaluate emergency response concepts and/or Standard Operating Guidelines. Reviews and updates the TTUHSC Emergency Management Plan and campus Emergency Action Plans at least annually. Develops and provides training programs, courses, workshops, seminars, and other training to keep the TTUHSC Communities abreast of emergency planning efforts and concepts.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 75%
* Develop, maintain, and effectively implement the TTUHSC Emergency Management Plan (EMP) and Annexes, and all campus Emergency Action Plans.
* Serve as one of the TTUHSC senior liaisons with federal, state and local emergency management teams and first responders.
* Recruit, train, and effectively manage Building Emergency Managers (BEMs) and Departmental Emergency Action Coordinators (EACs) for all campuses.
* Develop, maintain, coordinate, and effectively execute annual Training, Testing, and Exercise (TTE) Plan to include workshops, seminars, drills, table top exercises, functional exercises, and full-scale exercises for all TTUHSC campuses.
* Develop, maintain, and effective execute emergency preparedness training programs for students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
* Update, maintain, and effectively train personnel on applicable emergency management computer information systems, communications systems and hardware.
* Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information. Recommend strategies for identification and mitigation of hazards and risk.
* Develop, maintain, and effectively implement TTUHSC Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) for all TTUHSC campuses.
* Identify, develop and manage primary and alternate Emergency Operations Center (EOC) facilities, supplies, and equipment for each campus.
* Serve as Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) coordinator, and as primary liaison for the institution with TTUS COOP Coordinator. Ensure that all campus COOPs are complete, reviewed, and updated at least annually.
Minimum Hire Rate
Normal schedule Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. Responds to Facility Emergencies. On Call as Needed.
Working knowledge of NIMS, ICS, NFPA 1600, and other applicable and relevant emergency management standards and practices. Completion if IS-100, 200, 700, and 800. Completion or ability to complete G-300 and 400 as soon as possible after starting in the position. Working knowledge of Continuity of Operations Planning. Basic knowledge of facility security standards and practices. Ability to communicate effectively and present information to professionals, other interested groups, and/or individuals. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, staff, public officials, civic and community groups, and the general public. Ability to prepare technical reports and grant proposals. Ability to assemble, correlate, and analyze facts related to emergency management. proficient in use of computers and software.
HSC - Lubbock
Safety Service Lbk
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License and be listed as an approved driver as determined by TTUS Office of Risk Management and insurance carrier. Must be able to pass the Employee Criminal Background Check.
* Perform other similar and job related duties as deemed necessary and assigned by supervisor(s).
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree in related area plus five years progressively responsible emergency management experience is required. Previous experience working in the field of emergency management in a campus setting is preferred. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis. International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) credential (preferred) or Texas Emergency Manager Certification (TEM) is a plus. Must demonstrate a commitment to work in a team environment as well as a commitment to the TTUHSC Values-Based Culture, continuous improvement, and the Mission and Vision of the institution.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 415977