Covenant Clinical Assistant
Covenant Clinical Assistant
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Employees in this classification provide patient care management to an assigned clinic in the areas of clerical and clinical duties. In clinical setting, the employee receives direct supervision from physician or nursing supervisor in either oral or written form. In office setting, the employee receives direct supervision from department administrator. Work is performed under usual office and clinic conditions. May be stressful when working under emergency conditions.
- Communicates with Nurse Manager of assigned clinic regarding any issues or concerns that develop.
- Reports data to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs, and preferences of culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse patients and their families
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills in department
- Attends Nursing staff meetings
- Assists with exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR
- Takes and records accurate vital signs and measurements
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures
- Sterilizes and disinfects medical equipment and instruments as directed and instructed by Clinic Nurse Manager
- Maintains inventory of supplies in examination and procedure rooms as directed by Nurse Manager/clinic protocols
- Completes Annual Nursing Core Competency Training and Skills Fair
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - Lubbock
Ortho Surgery Dept Lbk Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an approved certified program for assistants in the area of required specialty.
- Certification by an approved accredited certifying agency in the specialty that particular work will be performed.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 404269