Correctional Unit Medical Director
Correctional Unit Medical Director
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691002 - Snyder Daniel Unit
Provides advanced professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients. Coordinates the delivery of clinical health care within a TDCJ Correctional institution, insuring that the appropriate health care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion regardless of segregation status. Renders medical judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit according to TTUHSC Correctional Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and Procedures, and The American Correctional Association standards.
Works under general direction of the Regional Medial Director with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgement. Receives general supervision from the Regional Medical Director. Supervises physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Up to 50%
- This Medical Director position will be primarily Telemedicine coverage with monthly on-site visits to the correctional unit(s) of assignment.
- Provides advanced professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients.
- Coordinates the delivery of clinical health care within a TDCJ Correctional Institution, insuring that the appropriate health care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion regardless of segregation status.
- Renders medical judgement regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit according to the TTUHSC Correctional Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and Procedures, and American Correctional Association Standards.
- Supervises physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Correctional medicine and/or telehealth experience.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Snyder Daniel Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+License/Certifications:+ * Current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. * Current Drug Enforcement Agency and Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates.