Correctional Unit Dentist
Correctional Unit Dentist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691001 - Amarillo Clements Unit
Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures of inmate patients and employees injured as a result of TDCJ-ID activities. Insures that appropriate dental care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion. Renders dental judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit.Works under general direction of the Regional Dental Director, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Directly supervises 2-4 dental hygienists in the unit dental services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Up to 25%
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Other essential duties include:
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Must use good judgment in dealing with diverse people in secure environment.
Bi-lingual helpful, but not required.
Basic computer, Electronic Medical Records.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Amarillo Clements Unit
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+License/Certifications:+ * Current license to practice dentistry by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. * Current Drug Enforcement Agency and Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates.