Correctional Unit Dentist
Correctional Unit Dentist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691005 - Pampa Jordan Unit
Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures of inmate patients and employees injured as a result of TDCJ-ID activities. Insures that appropriate dental care is accessible and provided to the inmate population in a timely fashion. Renders dental judgment regarding care provided to inmates assigned to the unit.Works under general direction of the Regional Dental Director, with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Directly supervises 2-4 dental hygienists in the unit dental services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Up to 25%
- Diagnoses, plans, prescribes, provides and documents safe, humane and workman like dental care to patients.
- Refers patients to other health care providers appropriately.
- Practices infection control in compliance with Dental Manual guidelines.
- This position is assigned to Dental Director responsibilities.
- Other duties as required for organizational effectiveness.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
* And much more.
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Must use good judgment in dealing with diverse people in secure environment.
Bi-lingual helpful, but not required.
Basic computer, Electronic Medical Records.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Pampa Jordan Unit
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+License/Certifications:+ * Current license to practice dentistry by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. * Current Drug Enforcement Agency and Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 472197