Correctional Nurse- Ward
Correctional Nurse- Ward
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691202 - RMF - Ward
Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
* Communicates patient data using EHR to support decision-making to improve patient careH
* Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
* Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
* Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
* Assist in admissions, discharges and transfers
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
* ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
* KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
* INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
* VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
* BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
Current CPR; one year experience in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting; Basic computer skills.
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
RMF - Ward
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
* Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
* 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
* Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
* State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
* State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
* Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
* And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
License/Certification: Current RN License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX- RN) on the first attempt.
Experience: No experience required.?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.